Sunday, April 28, 2013

Do you think Gwyneth Paltrow is the most beautiful woman in the world?

The Internet is buzzing after People magazine named Gwyneth Paltrow as the most beautiful woman in the world for 2013. Do you think Gwyneth deserves the title? When I was a young girl, I had a few sayings that I held close to my heart. One was, "Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet," the other was, "Following the crowd leads nowhere, and "Beauty is only skin deep." It's the last phrase that has always set my standards for beauty and kept my mind aware of the face that another saying is true, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

True beauty is internal, not physical and when one person judge's physical beauty, there determination often varies from another person's. I have seen debates online where some say Angelina Jolie's lips are the sexiest creation on the planet, while others will argue they are gross. There have been great debates over who is the most beautiful, Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie. There is never an answer because it is a matter of personal opinion, taste and preferences. The problem with naming Gwyneth Paltrow the most beautiful woman in the world (and there are many) is the majority of people do not feel she is the most beautiful inside or out. In fact, when Gwyneth Paltrow starred with Scarlett Johansson, immediate comparisons were made with many comments equating Johansson's fuller, curvier figure as indicative as being more beautiful than Gwyneth Paltrow. It seems that People magazine hasn't realized the standards and perception of beauty has changed and more people are embracing curves and what we common folk describe as "real beauty" as opposed to the "Twiggy" waif look that comes from alternative lifestyles, extreme dieting or other extreme diet approaches, rigorous approaches to exercise and costly "beauty enhancements" that are simply out of reach for the lower and middle class members of society.

Not to mention this issue is for the most beautiful woman in the world. Is People magazine (or any outlet that comes up with such a ridiculous title) even aware of the varying degrees of beauty found throughout the world?

If we measured beauty by a woman's heart, there's a great chance that what we would define as "most beautiful" would never be found in Hollywood. If we look at physical attributes, I would include all ethnic groups as there are some women around the world who have the most extraordinary features and natural coloring combinations. For me, I would include women such as those from the Middle East with jet-black, shiny hair and green eyes, or dark-skinned women with striking natural hair colors such as blonde or red. There are so many beautiful women in the world that Gwyneth Paltrow's super-thin and curveless figure, blonde hair and blue eyes not only doesn't make the cut, she doesn't even enter the competition.

These "covers" and "titles" are absolutely senseless in my opinion. But even if I were to indulge myself and comb through all of Hollywood's offerings to find the most beautiful woman (could we call these lists what they really are..."The Most Beautiful Woman in Hollywood"?) I would probably end up with one of the 50s bombshells who have passed...Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell, etc., maybe eve go back to Rita Hayworth...I could ponder about Liz Taylor...but then I would catch myself and say what about other ethnicities...is the most beautiful woman in Hollywood a white woman? What about other ethnic groups...Salma Hayek, Paula Patton, Thandie Newton, Dorothy Dandridge. I'm sorry, these lists are just a joke. They really annoy me as well.

Don't little girls have enough to deal with when it comes to body image than to have pictures of scrawny, blonde women shoved in their faces and told that is the most beautiful woman in the world?

I'm not sure what you think, but I can tell you this. I have nothing against Gwyneth Paltrow. I don't know her and she is a fine actress. But don't tell me she is the most beautiful woman in the world. Just as she said, "It obviously isn't true."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Latest News from Hollyscoop TV

MSN Entertainment News

Clevver News Latest Updates

Gossip Cop

TMZ Latest Videos

ENTV Lateset Videos

Hollywood Life Latest Videos

People.com Latest News

People.com Celeb Photos

TMZ.com

Entertainment News Headlines - Yahoo! News

FOX News: Entertainment

TMZ Celebrity News for Celebrity Feuds

X17 Online

TMZ Latest Celebrity News Updates

CW

Loading...

BBC America

Loading...