Monday, April 2, 2012

Oprah Winfrey shares her ‘OWN’ mistakes, here’s my view (videos)

Oprah Winfrey appeared on CBS This Morning on April 2, 2012 and dished about her ‘OWN’ mistakes, that is, mistakes made in her Oprah Winfrey Network. Oprah shared how creating a network was much harder than she originally thought and felt that she launched the network too quickly. The struggling network made recent headlines after the talk show mogul let 30 employees go and cancelled Rosie O’Donnell’s show. Now, I’m not sure about you, but I have an opinion on the “OWN” network, and basically, it is boring. It is one of the most boring networks on television, and it isn’t what I’d expect from Oprah.

But then again, I felt the Oprah show became very boring before its demise. Honestly, I thought that when Oprah launched her ‘OWN’ network, the viewers would be treated to a 24/7 old Oprah/Sally Jessy Raphael/Geraldo type of deal. I thought we would see cults, Satanists, maybe a few KKK members throwing chairs, multiple personalities, really, shocking, yet powerful stories: the kind that put Oprah on the map to begin with.

I for one am truly disappointed in the Oprah network and thought that she would get back in touch with her television talk show roots, the kind where she shared heartbreaking interviews that caused her to cry and sent women running to their phones to chat with friends about what they had just seen. I had high expectations for ‘OWN’ and was greatly disappointed.

I don’t know about you, but if she put some of those topics up for discussion, I’d tune in. As for now, ‘OWN’ is the last thing I want to watch.
Check out some classic Oprah in the video below.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Latest News from Hollyscoop TV

MSN Entertainment News

Clevver News Latest Updates

Gossip Cop

TMZ Latest Videos

ENTV Lateset Videos

Hollywood Life Latest Videos

People.com Latest News

People.com Celeb Photos

TMZ.com

Entertainment News Headlines - Yahoo! News

FOX News: Entertainment

TMZ Celebrity News for Celebrity Feuds

X17 Online

TMZ Latest Celebrity News Updates

CW

Loading...

BBC America

Loading...